As summer gets into full swing, many people will start experiencing heightened sensitivity and allergic reactions. Here are some simple recommendations that may be of help:
- Make sure your nervous system is healthy. Over-sensitivity may have a nerve system component and many people have seen their allergies improve while under chiropractic care.
- Clean your house and keep the humidity below 50% to prevent the growth of mold. Replace air filters. Use natural cleaning products and keep pets out of the bedroom for starters.3.
- Eliminate common food allergens like wheat, milk and milk products, eggs, corn, soy, nuts, tomatoes, coffee, chocolate, citrus fruits and food colorings and see if you do not see an improvement. Then add these back one at a time to see if you can find the culprit in your case.
- Probiotics not only may be useful in improving digestion, they may also boost your immune system and help control allergic reactions
- Vitamin C with flavonoids including quercetin have been found to help with the symptoms associated with common allergies.
- Common sense. If you have hay fever or pollen allergies, exercising outside may not be smart and will likely be uncomfortable.
- Again…make sure the nerve supply to your sinuses is without interference!
The Bottom Line…The Bottom Line…The Bottom Line…
What about drugs like Claritin for allergies? Well, would you be willing to incur both the financial expense and these risks? Claritin suggests emergency medical treatment if the drug causes hives, difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat. And, to call your doctor immediately if you develop a fast or uneven heartbeat, light headedness, jaundice or convulsions. And, this list is by no means complete. Really, is it worth it? Natural is better!